Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wedge Weave - Jennifer

I am presently in the middle of a wedge weave piece. I found I was doing too much planning and thinking. I'm relatively new to weaving, so I realized I was thinking too much about weaving and really need to practice weaving. I also find that the process of weaving is simply a great way for me to rejuvenate. So a couple of months ago, I decide to just weave and a geometric wedge weave become the piece. I still have the others ideas and other looms, but this allows me to not get bogged down in details. What I'm finding though is that it's all I'm doing!!!
Here's the latest progress on it. The final piece is planned to be 8" x 36" and I'm about half was through it. I know it doesn't look it from the picture, but I am working on a pipe loom that is warped continuously, so there is as much on the back of the loom as on the front right now!
What I like most about the piece is the blended areas where one can truly see the weaving is on an angle. Otherwise I think the solid color make a solid block while the blended has ..... movement? Maybe, it's also nice to have the blocks of color alternate between solid and blended. In any case, I'm enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment